I just need to make it through the end of this week, then the next week then the week after, until I retire! This is no way to live. We all wish that we could jet off to an exotic location to sip cocktails while watching the sun go down. But it is not always possible. Budgets, responsibilities and life in general doesn’t allow us to take a welcome break every time we wish upon it.
What if I told you that you could be living your best life every day. No more dreading Mondays and waiting for Fridays. Here are a few tips from my own experience that help me live a life that I don’t need a vacation from. These tips will get you through the long gap between holidays.
- Mindset is everything. Work with positive affirmations. Repeat them. Believe them. Watch your life change for the better.
- Be Mindful. Don’t think too much. Be present in your current activity.
- Make your daily routines fun. Add music to your life.
- Wake up early. Get more done. Naps are always a good idea.
- Spend quality time with friends and family. Go outside. Breathe fresh air. Soak up some sunshine.
- Use your time off to stock up on groceries and get errands done. It will prevent last minute trips to the shops on busy weekday evenings.
- Do something special for yourself like a massage, pedicure, read a book or go for a walk.
- Meet a friend. Make time for someone who is special to you.
- Find your purpose. Do something you love.
- Find something ‘’bigger than you’’ to belong to, whether it is a spiritual organisation or a Non profit organisation. Give back to the community. It is rewarding.
Life can get overwhelming. Cut yourself from the pressure to be perfect. Practise self compassion. Accept who you are and where you are in life. We function better when we are a compassionate ruler of our own wellbeing instead of being a slave to a thousand ‘’shoulds’’
Find joy in everyday activities. Smile. Laugh. These moments of everyday joy make for a better life. Learn to find and create joy even in the simplest most ordinary moments.
Go forth, live your best life every day.