Washing your hair is a basic function. Here are some awesome tips to take your wash day to the next level.
Most women may agree that washing their hair is one of the most tedious chores. And having someone do it for you is one of the sweetest pleasures!
We all may know how to wash our own hair. It’s not rocket science. But we all may NOT know how to maximise each step to get our hair looking its best.
If you follow these steps the results may surprise you. A few small tweaks may be all that you need to get your hair looking healthier and less frizzy.
- Use cool or warm water to wet your hair. Hot water is harsh for both your hair and skin.
- Use a sulphate free shampoo. SULPHATES are those magic chemicals that lather into a foam. They are not recommended because they can dry your hair out. If you have frizzy hair like me, you want to stay away from sulphates. These days sulphate free shampoos are widely available. Aunt Jackie’s Oh So Clean shampoo is my favourite. it is available from Clicks for R75. DO NOT USE SOAP on your hair. Ever.
- Add shampoo to the palms of your hands. Add a little water to lather it in your palms. Then apply it to your scalp using your fingertips to massage your scalp. This helps your hair to be healthy and strong
4.Repeat with shampoo. The first shampoo is to remove surface dirt and product build up. The second shampoo is to deep clean the hair.
- Rinse well with cool water. Wait a few seconds to apply conditioner. Space it out.
- Apply conditioner from the ends up. I like to tilt my head upside down. I like to work the conditioner in with my fingers making sure that I apply it generously to the ends.
- Rinse out the conditioner well. Squeeze out excess water with your hands.
- Use an old cotton t-shirt or a cotton towel to wrap your hair. Try not to use a regular towel. Rubbing your hair with a towel adds to the frizz factor. The towel fibres create friction thereby creating frizz.
- While your hair is towel dry, add some oil or curl enhancing gel to help with hydration and frizz.
- Try to air dry your hair as far as possible. Use a heat protectant before blow drying and heat styling.
Very often we feel uninspired to wash and care for our hair. By taking it back to basics we can ensure our hair looks healthy, strong and shiny.
Give these simple tips a try and let me know on social media how it goes. I would love to know.
Please share your own tips that may benefit others in the comments below.
You may also like these posts: